Saturday, December 13, 2008

Conclusions


This quarter was probably my favorite DesCom quarter I’ve had so far, and I mean that in full sincerity. The fact that the content was tailored to our requests, and that it had professional relevance, was extremely valuable. I didn’t feel like I was wasting time on arbitrary assignments… rather, I felt like I was accomplishing something that was clearly relevant to my development as a designer.

I especially liked learning how to fuse 3D renders with 2D Photoshop work to create intermediate steps in the ideation process. I’m pretty excited about using that skill as time progresses. (Learning Illustrator rendering was helpful too.)

Additionally, the talks about how to give well-thought out professional presentations were very helpful. In the future it might be more beneficial to cover that content at the very beginning of the quarter so it could be the overreaching “vision” for the rest of the quarter’s work. I know for me personally, it probably would have helped solidify my thinking earlier in the process.

So overall, I got a lot out of the class this quarter. And Mike, (if you’re reading this,) I thought your teaching style was really good—the way that you explained things made a lot of sense to me and helped me to understand concepts I hadn’t thought about before. So thanks.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Thanks for the feedback. It's an excellent point to give more info on forming presentations at the beginning of the quarter. I could have everyone practice this giving a verbal and visual pres. on one project from their portfolio.

I've done that in the past (with trans) but for some reason forgot to do it with you guys. Thanks for reminding me.