Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Look Back


So I said at the beginning of the quarter that my goals included growing as a person, both spiritually and intellectually. I suppose that this is inevitable in the natural course of things, though it’s also possible to backslide. And I’ve done both.

As for my design skills, I’ve made some progress, though not as I would have liked. I learned some good techniques for communication in my DesCom class, but I failed to implement all of them as I should have in my studio project. So I’m left feeling disappointed in myself, because I know I could (and should) have done better.

I did get better at Alias, and I’m glad I got the extra exposure. I didn’t, however, venture much into SolidWorks, so that’s still on my to-do list for the future. And although my drawing improved a little, I didn’t put in the hours I needed to make a significant change.

But I’ve heard that we learn from our failures as much as we do from our successes, if not more so. So I suppose that this is a good learning opportunity for me, in a way. I can look at my life this quarter and see where I fell short, and hopefully I’ll be wise enough to avoid those circumstances in the future.

No comments: